Senior Payroll Specialist
Overview of Position:
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Senior Payroll Specialist to join our team!
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of weekly and semi-monthly multi-state payrolls for over 600 employees across 12 locations. This position will be onsite in our Radnor office and will execute all aspects of the payroll function for assigned groups including maintenance of employee payroll records, compliance with relevant federal, state, and local laws, reconciliation of payroll data, and providing excellent customer service to employees. To be considered, candidates must have prior ADP Workforce Now experience.
- Process multi-site payrolls, including data entry, calculations, verification of timesheets, regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in payroll regulations and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll regulations and tax laws.
- Provide support for company implementation of ADP Workforce Now while developing familiarity with legacy systems.
- Collaborate with HR to maintain accurate employee records, including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates or tax status.
- Partner with the finance team on various payroll related responsibilities such as annual bonus preparation and review, tax matters, audit support, data requests, etc.
- Responsible for regular review, follow up and escalation of payroll and tax matters.
- Reconcile payroll discrepancies and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Assist to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Business Acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Detailed Oriented
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Works well with others
- Relationship Management
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Payroll Specialist or in a similar payroll-focused role.
- Strong understanding of payroll regulations, tax laws, and compliance requirements.
- Experience in ADP payroll processing required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and calculations.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and address employee inquiries.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately.