The corporate accounting manager is responsible for managing the corporate month end close process, including approving journal entries, account reconciliations and answering corporate accounting team questions. The accounting manager is also responsible for the international U.S. GAAP adjustments and international US GAAP financial statements, including all accounting for all international intercompany loans. The accounting manager works closely with our Corporate Accounting Team, International Controller, and the Finance Managers in each country.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the corporate accounting team including:
- Accrued expenses
- Property tax accruals, payments & tracking
- Month-end close
- Year-end close
- General ledger activity
- Monthly corporate expense variance analysis
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements, including the global consolidated balance sheet and income statement.
- Establish, document, and enforce proper accounting policies and principles.
- Assist in coordination of annual audit requests.
- Assist in coordination of annual tax provision and tax return preparation requests from outside tax preparers.
- Assist in coordination of annual transfer pricing study documentation requests from outside preparers.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements & automating manual tasks.
- Assign projects and manage staff to ensure accuracy of accounting data.
- Review all journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by Corporate Accounting Team
- Prepare more complex account reconciliations (e.g., intercompany loans).
- Responsible for the US GAAP accounting of our Dutch Cooperative legal entity, including booking all journal entries for expenses, cash activity and intercompany loan activity, on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for verifying the monthly intercompany balances with each Country Finance Manager and completing the related reconciliation.
- Update financial statements in OneStream consolidation software on a monthly basis, including downloading balance sheet and income statements by country for email approval by each Country Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Five years of experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager preferred.
- International accounting experience required.
- Proven knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- CPA license preferred.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
Required Skills or Abilities:
- High level of self-motivation, determination, and confidence in your abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and divide your time between work and answering questions from the Corporate Accounting Team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking
- A keen interest in the financial systems combined with excellent commercial awareness.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and the willingness to put in the extra hours when needed.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills: Excel required, OneStream, Sage X3, SAP 4/Hana preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.