Phoenix Services, LLC is a premier MILL services provider with special expertise in Slag Processing Scrap Yards, Transportation (Logistics), and Packaging Services as well as in other sectors involving complex production processes. Phoenix Services, LLC offers marketing-focused slag scrap management, innovative production support, intelligent transport and handling logistics, professional maintenance, customized protective packaging, and technology-driven project management.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
- repairs, modifies, designs, lays out, or fabricates a variety of metal work including construction vehicles and equipment
- cuts, fits, and welds metal using gas and electric welding equipment, performs blazing and soldering; uses power saws, grinders, and drills to complete such work
- diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in gas and diesel powers engines, including graders, loaders, rollers, dozers, sweepers, tractors, and other heavy equipment
- maintains service records related to repairs
- works on mobile equipment including CAT trucks, front end loaders, skid steerers, service trucks, and cranes
- changes lights on equipment, wiper blades, converters
- assists in dismantling worn machinery and equipment and installs new machinery and equipment
- Operates crane
- Maintains knowledge of safety standards and uses PPE to insure safe completion of daily tasks
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, preferred
- Experience and knowledge with technical equipment and machinery
- Strong aptitude, knowledge of steel mill operations and heavy mobile equipment is required
- Knowledge of scheduling, staffing, and adapting to constant required operational adjustments.
- Focus and concern with employee safety and equipment care, to prevent incidents.
- Responsible leadership, Strong communication skills, Capable of working well with other departments.
- Readiness to work flexible working hours and shift work
- Reliability, enthusiasm, interest in teamwork
- Willingness to adapt to Phoenix Services, LLC’s culture of Customer Relations – always working with our customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Dependable and able to show up to work when scheduled
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach horizontally and vertically, lift heavy objects, stand for prolonged periods of time, see to read, use hands and fingers to operate equipment, crawl in tight spaces, perform tasks in adverse weather conditions, lift, push, and pull heavy objects
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix Services LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pay Range: $21-25 per hour